Iron Man 3

My Blogs!

My photo
May God bless the United States of America and the Nation of Israel!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Dark Knight movie review




The Dark Knight Triumphs.
by THRILL

Well, I finally saw The Dark Knight and it was AWESOME! It was over two hours long, but I'm happy with that. I love it when movies are long like that ONLY if it's a sweet film like this one. An example of sitting through hell for hours would be like the film Spirited Away. My God did that movie suck.



Christian Bale returns to portray Batman/Bruce Wayne. Though, Michael Keaton will be remembered by many as the true Batman/Bruce Wayne, I really like what Christian Bale brought to the table. He is a bit handsomer that Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne, plus I like how Christian Bale makes Batman sound in speech. He'll talk deep and scary and I feel that that's how Batman should sound.



In Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, I like how Batman moves (disappears and reappears) like a ninja. The genesis story lines of Batman back-in-the-day showed Batman moving with a stealth like quality. More sneaking around like a ninja/detective. You'll see plenty of mysterious maneuvers in this film.





What I also found freakin' sweet was a scene that I'm sure you've picked up from the previews: where Bruce Wayne drives a personal civilian vehicle. His Lamborghini Murcielago. Totally awesome because I love how Batman isn't just a superhero, but has dough to spend. That's the dream. I do like how Spiderman is someone I can relate to, but Batman doesn't have to worry about finding rent money and finishing college.



In The Dark Knight, Gotham City was shot with the city of Chicago. I personally was always a New York City fan for Gotham but I got over it quickly. Most people who go see The Dark Knight I'm sure will not care. I will admit that Chicago has very beautiful buildings and I noticed that during the film.



I got confused because the story line switched actresses on me. My fault for not paying better attention. In The Dark Knight, it was Maggie Gyllenhaal who played the character Rachel Dawes. In Batman Begins, it was actress Katie Holmes who portraid Rachel Dawes. I actually liked Maggie Gyllenhaal better. She sold me on the character. Katie Holmes just did not do it for me. Plus, I think Maggie Gyllenhaal is much prettier.


Speaking of being-sold-on-the-character, hats off to Heath Ledger! What a performance. His acting was so on, If I didn't know the cast before hand, there would have been no way I would have ever guessed that The Joker was Heath Ledger. Even as I watch the film and view The Jokers face up close, it looks nothing like Heath Ledger.

This version of The Joker was nothing like its predecessors. Though this movie was rated PG-13, The Joker was pushing a rated R performance. This element is something I really liked about this movie. All the events and characters seemed very real. Instead of The Joker having a "young Daffy Duck" attitude, he had more of a real, mentally unstable, violent personality which would make sense to how would The Joker be in real life.

It honestly is sad that Heath Ledger is no longer with us. If Hollywood were to write another story line involving The Joker, what actor could do better? I'd hate to think of having the pressure of filling those shoes. Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, and Michael Caine return, all of which are extrodinary actors. We also see Aaron Eckhart play the character Harvey Dent, and yes I'll spoil it for you: You can see Harvey Dent become Two Face in The Dark Knight.



This film has great philosophy on sacrafice, taking a life, doing the right thing, and courage. In the film, the characters Alfred, The Joker, and Harvey Dent make jaw-dropping comments that are on-the-nose truthful and righteous. This is also another great reason I want to see this film a second time.

Plus, the special effects (and especially the explosions) are really cool!

No comments: